The National Capital Physicians Foundation & PRN (Physicians’ Resource Network)... dedicated to PHYSICIAN health!
The National Capital Physicians Foundation is a 501(c)3 educational and charitable foundation initiated by Montgomery County (Maryland) Medical Society.
The organization’s first initiative is dedicated to physician health and well-being.
HEALTHY PHYSICIANS = HEALTHY COMMUNITIES.
In a 2014 study conducted by Mayo Clinic & the AMA, 54.4% of physician respondents indicated they were exhibiting at least one symptom of burnout. In MCMS’s 2016 Physician Practice Survey, 53.7% of physician respondents indicated they are experiencing moderate to high levels of burnout. 70 physicians indicated they would use a confidential, no cost physician counseling service if offered.
As a result, initial efforts of the National Capital Physicians Foundation are focused on development of PRN, the Physicians’ Resources Network, which has initiated a Physician Well-being Program, which includes confidential counseling. This service is now available to all physician members of MCMS, and to all other physicians who are practicing in Montgomery County. We anticipate broadening the availability of counseling services to additional physicians as funding is received.
The mission of PRN is to provide high quality counseling, coaching, education and resources that support physician well-being, resilience and growth.
- Three (3) counseling appointments arranged within 24-36 hours of request, including before or after office hours
- Open to practicing physicians in Montgomery County at no cost. If a physician wishes to continue counseling, he/she will be responsible for paying for the additional appointments.
- Confidential counseling provided by LCSW-Cs and psychologists with program oversight by psychiatrist-medical director
- No insurance is filed; no electronic records created
- Counseling provided in therapists’ private residence-based practice
For more information about the Physicians’ Resource Network or the Physicians Well-being Counseling program, call 301.921.4300, ext. 300.
To make a donation to support the Physicians’ Resource Network, click here »